Root Down to Rise Up Grounding Workshop
Time & Location
About the Event
In this grounding workshop, Valery, ERYT-500, YACEP, will be teaching subtle, somatic movements to increase awareness of how you perceive your body from within. You will also have the opportunity to practice bio-energetic grounding exercises to bring prana, or life force into the root chakra. Through a series of movements, you will be activating every bit of the root chakra, from the feet to the pelvic floor.
Blockages in the root chakra can leave you feeling stuck, anxious or fearful of taking the next step on your path towards walking in alignment with your authentic self and higher purpose. Valery firmly believes that for our planet and the human race to not only survive but to also thrive, each and everyone of us need to fully step into who we are, and to claim our space on this planet.
From a purely physical level, Valery has had students with plantar fasciitis, pelvic floor pain, incontinence, sciatica, and low back pain find some symptomatic relief after doing grounding work. If you have any of these issues, please know that yoga is not a replacement for regular healthcare, but rather a powerful companion on your journey. If you have concerns, please consult your doctor before beginning any new activity.
The movements in this workshop are accessible and beginner-friendly. Those with extensive experience in yoga will find depth in the subtle movements and perhaps a new experience with bio-energetic grounding.
CE credits available upon request.
- Introductions & Intentions
- Blockages, Excessive & Deficient Characteristics of the Root Chakra
- Creating a group altar & planning a personal altar for home practice
- Morning practice: accessing stability in the feet, root chakra Hatha yoga sequence, guided meditation
12-1pm: Lunch Break
- Discussion: Emotional Challenges & historical trauma stored in the Root Chakra
- Afternoon practice: bio-energentic grounding, opening the leg channels, pelvic floor, guided meditation
- Creating a home practice & Closing Circle
Suggested books to purchase prior to workshop:
- The Sevenfold Journey by Anodea Judith & Selene Vega
- Chakra Yoga by Anodea Judith, PhD
- Early Bird Before Mar 9th$100$1000$0
- Standard After Mar 9th$120$1200$0